MEDFORD, Ore. -- Breast Cancer Awareness month is right around the corner, and a local beauty school is gearing up to raise thousands of dollars for breast cancer research.
Phagan's Medford Beauty College will be doing its annual "Marathon Day" Friday, Oct. 5.
Director Kindra Willits said the students will be doing as many hair cuts, manicures/pedicures, and facials as they can squeeze in that day. She said 50 percent of the money made that day will go toward the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and Wings of Karen.
"Our personal goal is to make $4,000 that day," Willits said.
It's a cause close to home for the college. One of its owners is a breast cancer survivor.
Willits said if someone wants to make a donation but can't make an appointment that day, they can call to make a donation or come into the store.
"Just know that you're money is going to research for breast cancer," Willits said.
- Phagan's Beauty College Gears Up To Raise Thousands
- Phagans' Beauty School Raises Money For Breast Cancer Research
- Laundry Services Wash Clothing and Gear for Thousands of Firefighters
- Local Beauty School Raises Money for Missing Kids
- #DrinkOneforDane Day raising thousands for ALS research
- Raise the Roof: Thousands On Waiting List For Affordable Housing
- AIFF Gears Up 2016 Festival
- Gearing up for OSF's 83rd Season
- Local Businesses Gearing Up for Britt Fest
- Thousands of Immigrants Facing Deportation