SISKIYOU COUNTY, Ore — Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office have charged 53-year-old David Eric Setzer of Yreka for making criminal threats with a firearm, and assault with a deadly weapon.
The Sheriff’s office responded to a call on Tuesday evening at Rocky Gulch road, where Setzer threatened several people with a gun. Setzer fled the scene before being arrested by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Highway Patrol and Yreka Police Department.
Police would later recover several firearms and explosives from Setzer’s residence.
“The search warrant operation recovered valuable evidence, stolen property, and potentially dangerous explosive components and were safely neutralized,” Siskiyou County Sheriff Jon Lopey said. “We appreciate the invaluable assistance and support received from the YPD, CHP, and CDFWL.”
Setzer is also facing charges for possession of stolen property, a firearm suppressor and explosive components.
“This was a good piece of investigative work on the part of the involved sergeant, deputy, detective, and bomb technician,” Sheriff Lopey said. “The rapid response by SCSO and partner agencies ensured the suspect was identified and taken into custody.”
Setzer was booked at the Siskiyou County Jail in Yreka and he is awaiting arraignment. The crimes are still under investigation and anyone with information is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Office (530) 841-2900.
- Yreka man charged for threatening people with a gun
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Yreka Restaurant Takes Stand Against Bullying
- Job Fair at New Casino in Yreka
- Yreka Police Chief Announces His Retirement
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended
- Yreka Man Dead After Crash with Woman Driving Stolen Vehicle
- Man Arrested Near Yreka, Accused of Attempted Murder
- Multiple People Sent To Hospital After Three-Vehicle Crash Near Yreka
- Over 800 apply for jobs at new casino in Yreka