YREKA, Ore. --
UPDATE: The Iowa man suspected of trying to murder another man with a "large knife" in Yreka on Sunday turned himself over to authorities on Thursday morning, according to the Yreka Police Department (YPD).
23-year-old suspect Jarrad Peterson reportedly turned himself in just after 11 a.m. Officers were working to get clothing and evidence from him shortly after that.
Peterson still faces charges for Attempted Murder, and YPD said that more charges could soon follow.
(Updated 12/20/18 at 12 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: An Iowa man is believed to be on the run after stabbing another man in a house on Bluebird Street in Yreka, California on Sunday night.
According to Yreka police, around midnight on Sunday Jarrad Allan Peterson stabbed a 39-year-old man and then ran before police arrived. The stabbing victim, who has not been identified, was taken to Fairchild medical Center for emergency life-threatening surgery. The victim is now is stable condition.
Peterson now has a warrant out for his arrest for attempted murder. He is 23 years old, 5'8'' and around 210 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.
Police believe he may be headed to Iowa by bus. According to police, Peterson's Iowa driver's license shows an address out of Sioux City, IA.
Police believe Peterson still has the large knife that he used in the attack.
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact the Yreka Police Department at 530-841-2300. If you see Peterson, please do not confront him. Call 911.
This is a developing story and the case is still under an active investigation according to police.
- Police: Yreka Attempted Murder Suspect Turned Himself In
- Man Arrested Near Yreka, Accused of Attempted Murder
- Police Track Down Suspect in Yreka Stabbing Case
- Yreka Police Chief Announces His Retirement
- Police: Suspect Arrested after Attempted Murder, Medford Stand-Off
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended
- Police: Tips from Yreka residents lead to arrest of kidnapping suspect in Ashland
- Police: Driver in Yreka fatal crash was not wearing seatbelt
- Yreka Police investigate child abuse after 2-month-old hospitalized
- Police: Body of missing Bay Area man found near Yreka