Yreka, CA. -- The Yreka Police Department reports a person is recovering from emergency surgery after being stabbed with a knife multiple times.
On Friday, November 17, around 5 p.m. Police says they were called to 915 W. Miner Street on a report of a stabbing at an apartment.
Police say Officer Smith arrived to the apartments and saw a man running west on Miner Street. The officer says the man was ordered to stop, and the officer say blood on the man's hands and face.
Police say the man is Malachi Bobby Joe Simmons. They say Simmons was ordered to comply at gunpoint and was detained without incident. Police say a second officer responded to the stabbing outside apartments 48 and 49. They say the officer performed first aid to the victim who had been stabbed with a knife multiple times.
Police say an ambulance arrived and was taken to Fairchild Medical Center in serious condition where he underwent emergency surgery.
Police say a knife suspected in the stabbing was found in the neighboring backyard. Yreka Police say Simmons was arrested and booked into the Siskiyou County Jail for Assault with a Deadly Weapon, not firearm.
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Man Arrested Near Yreka, Accused of Attempted Murder
- Police Track Down Suspect in Yreka Stabbing Case
- Medford Man Arrested on Multiple Sodomy Charges
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended
- Yreka Man Dead After Crash with Woman Driving Stolen Vehicle
- Yreka man charged for threatening people with a gun
- Police: Body of missing Bay Area man found near Yreka
- Yreka man caught trying to smuggle drugs into jail after being arrested for burglary
- Yreka Parents Arrested for Failing to Send Kids to School