MEDFORD, Ore. — The 2018 Midterm general elections are less than a month away, and it can sometimes be difficult to know what you need to do and when in order to make sure that your vote is counted.
Look no further than this article for a quick primer of upcoming deadlines of which you should be aware:
October 12-17 - Voter's Pamphlet Delivered
Postal carrier will begin delivering Voters’ Pamphlets for the November 6 General Election between the days of October 12-17 statewide. You can read an online version of the state voters’ pamphlet on the Secretary of State web page.
Receiving a voters' pamphlet does not necessarily mean that you are registered to vote. Go online to check your status or visit your local Elections Office.
October 16 - Voter Registration Deadline
You must register in order to receive a ballot and vote! This deadline also includes updates to your registration. If you have moved, changed your mailing address or name you will need to update your registration. Ballots cannot be forwarded.
Most registration and updates can be done online at www.oregonvotes.gov as long as you have a valid Oregon ID. You can also update your voter registration automatically at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if you are updating your Oregon ID or Driver's License.
October 20 - Ballot Delivery Begins
Ballots will be delivered to the USPS processing center by October 19, and delivery to registered voters begins the next day. If you do not receive a ballot by Friday, October 26, 2018, and you are a registered voter, contact the elections office at 541-774-6148.
October 22 - Ballot Drop-Sites Open
Ballots must be received at the your local elections office or in an official ballot drop box, no later than 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 6, 2018 in order to be counted. Postmarks don't count! Drop-sites close at 8 p.m. sharp.
Jackson County Drop Site Locations (See sidebar for other counties)
- Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd. Ashland OR 97520 (24-Hour)
- Central Point Library, 116 S. 3rd St. Central Point OR 97502 (24-Hour)
- Eagle Point Library, 239 W. Main St. Eagle Point OR 97524 (24- Hour)
- Phoenix Library, 510 W. 1st St. Phoenix OR 97535 (24-Hour)
- Rogue River Library, 412 E. Main St. Rogue River OR 97537 (24-Hour)
- Jackson County Elections, 1101 West Main Street, Medford OR 97501 opening on Friday, April 27, 2018 (24-Hour, drive-up)
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Countdown to Election Day
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Primary Election Results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Oregon Election Updates
- Your Voice, Your Vote: California Primary Election Results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Map of Oregon State Election Results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: National Election Results, Maps and Graphics
- Your Voice, Your Vote: 2018 Local & State Election Results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: May 2019 Special Election results
- Your Voice, Your Vote: A Primary Primer
- Long Lines, Machine Breakdowns Mar Vote on Election Day