The COVID-19 crisis has triggered an Emergency Child Care Plan to begin on Monday, March 16. This plan will be operated by the YMCA and was developed in conjunction with school districts and medical organizations and follows coronavirus mitigation measures.
The YMCA has suspended traditional afterschool and day camp programs until schools re-open. Resources have been reprioritized for the Emergency Child Care Plan. This plan is designed to help the families of medical staff, health care workers, first responders, and vulnerable populations find a safe place for children while they need to work. This plan is not designed for families seeking traditional child care programs where families have an option to work.
This plan is different than traditional YMCA afterschool and day camp programs and will include the following components:
• Children and staff will be evaluated each day upon entry and anyone with an elevated temperature or multiple symptoms will be turned away.
• Children will be in small groups in multiple locations only. No large group gatherings or activities.
• Participants will only be allowed to attend a site that is in their own elementary school or within their home school district.
• Time spent outside will be prioritized and time indoors will be limited.
• Children will remain on-site with no field trips or off-site trips.
• Snack provided by the YMCA will be pre-packaged avoiding the need for any preparation.
• A grab-n-go lunch will be provided by the school district’s nutrition program.
• This will be available from 7:30am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
• This will be available each day but understand the crisis changes daily and the need to modify this plan may also occur.
• Funding for this program will come from multiple sources.
• Registration will happen each morning on-site at each location.
• Central Point School District
o Central Point Elementary
o Jewett Elementary School
o Patrick Elementary School
• Eagle Point School District
o Outback Location (across from Hillside Elementary School)
• Medford School District
o Central Medford High School (the Old South High School)
• Phoenix-Talent School District
o Orchard Hill Elementary
o Phoenix Elementary