MEDFORD, Ore. — A local woman has been arrested after allegedly embezzling more than $250,000 from her employer, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
In April of 2018, MPD says that Precision Electric Contractors hired 49-year-old Traci Marang.
"Almost immediately Marang began embezzling money from the company," the agency said. "Marang changed payment records, changed business records, and deleted records to cover this up."
MPD received a report of the embezzlement claims in February of 2019, almost a year later. The agency said that it warned Precision Electric of the report, suggesting that they get an independent audit.
When Precision Electric did perform an audit, it found that Marang had embezzled $264,254.29, according to MPD.
"An additional $37,000- was missing related to gambling establishments outside this jurisdiction," the agency continued.
A Medford Police detective investigated the case and arrested Marang on Monday. She was lodged in the Jackson County Jail and faces 30 charges, including multiple counts of Aggravated Theft I, Theft I, Theft II, Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card, ID Theft, Unlawful Factoring of a Payment Card Transaction, and Falsifying Business Records.
Marang's initial bail has been set at $230,000.
- Woman accused of embezzling funds from Medford electrical company
- Elderly Medford Woman Found Safe
- Electrical Fire at Medford Home Claims Family Pets
- Nuns Embezzle 'Substantial' Amount of Funds from Church School, Monsignor Says
- Medford Man Accused of Stabbing, Strangling Dog
- Accused Medford Coffee Stand Bandit Found Guilty
- Medford School Bond To Fund CTE Programs And Facilities
- Giant Cinnamon Roll Funds $5,000 Donation to Medford Non-Profit
- Medford Woman Saved from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Medford Woman Wanted By DEA Arrested