MEDFORD, Ore. — A woman arraigned on 30 felony charges just received two more from a grand jury. Medford Police say that Karin Boldt drugged, financially drained, and attempted to kill two senior citizens.
Although Boldt was already charged with felony counts including Attempted Murder, the grand jury added two counts of Assault in the Second Degree. The new charges imply that Boldt unlawfully and knowingly cause physical injury to her victims by means of a dangerous weapon—in this case, opiates or benzodiazepines.
Nine witnesses, including Detective Brandon Amaya with Medford Police, the two victims, an estate attorney, a doctor and registered nurses testified before the grand jury.
Boldt is being held on $1 million bail in the Jackson County Jail, and she may not sell two properties which are currently in her name—which the charges indicate were bought with money manipulated from the two victims.
- Woman Jailed For Elder Abuse Gets More Serious Charges
- Stan Lee's former manager is charged with elder abuse
- Classroom Volunteer Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges
- Salem woman accused of neglecting 35 cats gets jail time
- History of Jails
- Jackson County's Jail Problem
- Curry County Woman Accused of Sexually Abusing Minor
- Oregon Sex Offender Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges
- Oregon Man Awaiting Trial on Sex Abuse Charges Disappears
- White City Man Found Guilty of Sex Abuse Charges