WHITE CITY, Ore. -- The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash that occurred early Tuesday morning.
On December 26, 2017, at 1:42 am, a Nissan Pathfinder traveling northbound in the 14000-block of Antioch Road left the roadway and rolled. The driver and lone occupant, Amber Rochelle Abshier, 24, of the 6100-block of Beagle Road, died at the scene.
Several deputies were in the general area conducting focused patrols due to recent reports of property crimes. One deputy witnessed the crash and was able to respond to the scene within seconds. The deputy found Abshier had been ejected from the vehicle and was deceased.
Abshier's family was notified of her death.
The vehicle had been traveling at a high rate of speed and sustained significant damage from the impact and rollover. The crash also caused damage to the fencing and landscaping of a residential property.
The Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office will determine whether intoxicants contributed to the crash. Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks.
- Woman Dies In Rollover Crash On Antioch Road
- Woman and Dog Okay After Rollover Crash
- Medford Man Dies in Rollover Crash in Northeast Oregon
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash
- Jackson County Sees Two Halloween Rollover Crashes
- Rollover crash sends two to hospital
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Passenger Dies in Rollover Crash on Highway 101 in Curry County
- "Notorious" Stretch of Road Factors into I-5 Rollover
- Medford road closed due to cement mixer rollover