KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- One woman is dead after being hit by a car on Crater Lake Parkway just after 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 3rd.
The woman was identified as 57-year-old, Andrea Louise Campos.
According to police, Campos was walking northbound on the sidewalk on Crater lake Parkway before the crash. It appeared Campos crossed the street in a dark section of the roadway between intersections where there is no crosswalk.
"Mrs. Campos walked in front of a motor vehicle traveling southbound on Crater Lake Parkway and causing the collision," says the police report.
The driver, a 25-year-old man, remained on the scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Police say preliminary findings do not indicate the driver of any criminal liability. Alcohol is suspected as a contributing factor regarding Campos.
This investigation is ongoing and if anyone has additional information regarding this investigation, please call Detective Sean Ferns at 541-883-5336.
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By Car In Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls Man Killed In Single-Car Crash
- Woman found stabbed to death in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls Police Officers Awarded for Saving Woman's Life
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed
- Klamath Falls Amtrak Trains Expect Delays