MEDFORD, Ore.--A woman is in the hospital with serious injuries after crashing a car into a street light on North Foothill Road.
The crash happened at North Foothill and East McAndrews around 7pm Tuesday evening.
Medford firefighters used the jaws of life to get the woman out of the car.
They also activated a trauma system for the driver who was unconscious and had a compound leg fracture.
Neighbors say they heard the impact from down the road.
Alexander Turceanu says, "I hear this loud boom, my neighbor also hears it across the street, we see multiple cars lined up, just stopped into the middle of the road and we see this car straight into a speed limit sign."
Medford Police say they're still trying to figure out how the driver lost control of her car and hit the pole.
They say witnesses didn't see the driver speeding but did say she seemed to drift to the left and then swerve to the right and into the pole.
She likely hit the pole going 45 miles per hour.
- Woman Crashes Into Pole On North Foothill Road
- UPDATE: Name Released in Crash on North Foothill Road
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Teen Killed In Foothill Road Crash
- Car Crashes into Utility Pole in Medford
- Earth's Magnetic North Pole is Hurtling Toward Russia
- Morning Crash into Medford Power Pole Sparks Fire
- Williams Highway Back Open After Crash Takes Down Power Pole
- Woman Dies In Rollover Crash On Antioch Road
- Grants Pass Man Remembers His Revolutionary Voyage Beneath the North Pole
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point