CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Oregon State Police (OSP) say that they have now arrested a suspect in a rash of arsons that sprung up in Cave Junction last Thursday night, May 10.
Neighbors reported seeing a woman walking down the street that night, setting fire to brush and debris with a road flare. Just a day later, on May 11, an OSP patrol trooper arrested 25-year-old Evelyn Barrera.
According to OSP, the total number of intentional fires set that night is now believed to be 11.
Illinois Valley Fire Department (IVFD) first responded to reports of fire on Thursday night around 10 p.m. At the time, IVFD said that they had extinguished a total of six fires.
OSP says that the investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Barrera is being held in the Josephine County Jail on two counts of Arson in the First Degree. Her bail is set at $10,000 cash or $100,000 bond.
- Woman Arrested in Connection With String of Cave Junction Arsons
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction