ASHLAND, Ore. -- With cooler temperatures setting in there a few shelters around the Ashland area that are open during the week.
Below you will find the address and rules for the shelters.
Sunday: Pioneer Hall; 73 Winburn Way, across the street from Lithia Park
Monday: First Presbyterian Church; Calvin Hall, corner of Siskiyou and Walker
Tuesday: Pioneer Hall
Wednesday: Trinity Episcopal Church; 44 N. Second St. between Main St. and Lithia Way
Thursday: Pioneer Hall
Shelters operate between November and April.
Doors open at 7:30PM and are locked at 9:30PM.
If the temperature is predicted to fall to 20 degrees or lower on a night that is not covered by the above shelters then the city will open a shelter if volunteers and a location are available.
You can find emergency shelter information at City Hall or on homelessoptions.org.
Well-trained dogs that are on a leash are permitted in all shelters.
Smoking, alcoholic beverages, drug use, and weapons are not permitted in shelters.
Guests sleep on the floor; little or no bedding provided.
Shelters do not offer cooking facilities but light food and warm beverages may be served.
Guests may leave the shelter at any time after the doors are locked but may not return that night.
- Ashland Winter Shelter opens
- Winter Shelters Open In Ashland
- Ashland has a new winter shelter this year
- Emergency winter shelter opens in Medford
- Mt. Ashland Opens Terrain Park
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Ashland ice rink opens today
- Ashland Water
- Mt. Ashland Is Rescheduling Opening Day
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning