ROGUE RIVER, Ore. — A young man from the Wimer area north of Rogue River is dead following a motorcycle crash on Friday night, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
23-year-old Adam Christopher Haupt of the 700-block of Covered Bridge Road was riding his 2008 Harley-Davidson motorcycle along East Evans Creek Road on Friday night. Around the 3500-block, Haupt apparently veered off the roadway in a curve and crashed into a concrete block wall.
Deputies responded to a report of the crash just before 11 p.m. Meanwhile, passersby had stopped and attempted to aid Haupt.
When emergency personnel arrived, they found that Haupt was "beyond help" due to extensive injuries to his head and body — the force of the crash having torn Haupt's helmet from his head, according to JCSO.
JCSO deputies, Rogue River Police and Rogue River Fire District #1 had the roadway closed for about three hours while the crash was investigated.
Deputies are still unsure as to whether alcohol or drugs could have played a role in the crash. Results of a toxicology screen could take several more weeks to return after the medical examiner's investigation.
JCSO says that Haupt's next-of-kin in Pennsylvania have been notified of his death.
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Man Flies from Atlanta to Rob Wimer Marijuana Grow
- Missing Wimer man with dementia found following search
- Deputies arrest man following shooting at hemp farm near Wimer
- Motorcycle Passenger Killed in Lake County Crash
- Police identify Ashland man killed in motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: Suspect in Wimer 'Pistol Whipping' Shot in Cave Junction
- Motorcycle Rider Killed in Crash With Deer in Grants Pass
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Merlin man dies following motorcycle crash on Highway 260