MURPHY, Ore. -- The Oregon State Police says Sunday night just after 7:45, troopers and other emergency personnel responded to a single car crash on Williams Hwy 238 near mile marker 8.5. The preliminary investigation showed 64-year-old Daniel Horowitz from Grants Pass was driving 2018 Nissan Rogue eastbound when it veered off the road and into the ditch.
Investigators say 76-year-old Julie Horowitz from Grants Pass sustained sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Daniel Horowitz was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The highway was partially closed for 3 hours.
A medical event is being investigated as a possible cause of the crash.
UPDATE: One lane of Williams Hwy is now open with flaggers.
Updated on 12/30/18 @ 10:00 p.m.
MURPHY, Ore. -- A single vehicle crash has blocked Williams Hwy near milepost 8.5, two miles east of Murphy.
The Oregon Department of Trasportation is reporting at least one major injury.
ODOT is advising drivers to use alternative routes and expect a lengthy closure during their investigation.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: One Woman Dies After Williams Hwy Crash Near Murphy
- Update: Grants Pass Man Dead After Williams Hwy Head-on Crash
- 21-year-old dies in Williams crash
- Crashes on Redwood Hwy, Crater Lake Hwy cause traffic backups
- Fatal crash near Phoenix closes Hwy 99
- One person dead following rollover crash in Murphy
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- JUST IN: Power Restored Near Murphy
- Cannabis drying shed catches fire in Murphy
- UPDATE: Lanes Cleared After Crash South of Shady Cove on Hwy 62