MURPHY, Ore. -- Williams Highway near Murphy is now back open after a serious crash knocked down a power pole. Firefighters say a vehicle had left the roadway, knocked down a power pole and rolled over. The accident caused downed power lines that started a grass fire and blocked the roadway.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control without incident and the driver was taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries. Power was restored to the area. The crash caused an outage for more than 400 customers.
At nearly the same time, crews were called to serious crash near Merlin. A vehicle had left the roadway and crashed down an embankment and into a creek bed. This crash was at the intersection of Galice and Hugo Road. Emergency crews used a rope system to rescue the driver. The driver was taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
- Williams Highway Back Open After Crash Takes Down Power Pole
- Car crashes into power pole, crews working to restore power
- Morning Crash into Medford Power Pole Sparks Fire
- Passenger Killed in Rollover Crash on Williams Highway
- Rogue River Highway back open after investigation
- Crash into power pole knocks out power for 1,500 customers in Central Point
- OPEN: Highway 101
- Car Crashes into Utility Pole in Medford
- Crash on Highway 199
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point