Scroll to the bottom of this article for a frequently updated interactive map of the fire area and evacuation zones. For a separate interactive map where you can enter your address to find out if you are in an evacuation area, visit the Josephine County site here.
CANYONVILLE, Ore. — With the Milepost 97 Fire now completely lined and increasingly contained, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office has decided to lift all remaining evacuation notices for communities near the fire area.
"The risk posed to residential structures from the Milepost 97 Fire has been significantly reduced, due to firefighting progress, resulting in the Sheriff's Office lifting all remaining evacuation notices," the agency said.
The change takes effect at 10:00 am on Monday, August 5, 2019 and includes:
- 100-300 block of Ritchie Road, Canyonville
- All residences on the west side of the freeway between Interstate mileposts 88-83
- Barton Road
- Azalea Glen Road between milepost 88 and Barton Road
- Old Booth Lane
- Harrel Lane
- Hobbs Lane
- Lizzie Lane
- Fortune Branch Road on the Azalea-Glen side
- Pack Lane
- Forrest Road
- Realty Road
- Quines Creek Road
- Mobley Drive
- All residences on Upper Cow Creek Road starting at Interstate 5 milepost 88, east to the base of the Galesville Dam.
This reduction eliminates all evacuation notices on the Milepost 97 Fire.
"There are no evacuation notices remaining in Douglas County at this time. However, we encourage everyone, no matter where they reside, to take time to think and plan for evacuations should the time come when a deputy is knocking on your door and telling you there is an imminent threat," said Sergeant Brad O'Dell. "Having a plan and knowing what you are going to do, what you are going to take and how you are going to execute your plan is critical in emergency situations."
"Fire season in southern Oregon typically runs until early to mid October, depending on when the fall rains return to the area," said Kyle Reed, spokesman for DFPA. "This means that we still have a lot of fire season ahead of us and we are asking for the public's help by knowing and following current fire restrictions to prevent human caused wildfires."
- Wildfire evacuation and closure information
- Northern California Wildfires Prompt Evacuations, Burn Homes
- Authorities order 100,000 evacuated in California wildfire
- Active Wildfire Information: Updates on Southern Oregon & Siskiyou County Fires
- Closed Captioning Information
- Parking information for BoomFest
- Upcoming Road Closures
- SCHOOL DELAYS AND CLOSURES
- SCHOOL CLOSURES AND DELAYS
- I-5 Closure stopping deliveries?