WHITE CITY, Ore -- With a slogan like “It’s a Great Place to Live,” White City is ranked as one of the most affordable cities to live in Oregon. This is according to a study by SmartAsset.
White city in Jackson County was ranked number six in most affordable places to live in Oregon. SmartAsset’s site said the most affordable cities and counties were those that the total housing costs on an average house accounted for the smallest proportion of the median income. It was also based on property taxes, homeowners' insurance fees and mortgage payments relative to income.
One of the reasons Mickey and Keith Schauffler moved to White City 34 years ago is because it was more affordable.
"I love Oregon and I love White City too. It's actually been a great city to raise our kids," Keith added.
Altamont in Klamath County also made the top ten list. The city was ranked fourth.
- White City Ranked 6th Most Affordable City to Live in Oregon
- White City House Fire
- Oregon Trails: Sister City
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Millions Can't Afford Rent
- Umi Sushi Opens in White City
- Deputies Search For White City Robbery Suspect
- Sheriff: Missing White City Alzheimer's patient located
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- Deputies Investigating Shooting in White City