MEDFORD, Ore. — Along with the winter months comes an increased risk from the "silent killer" — carbon monoxide.
The colorless, odorless gas can leak from a number of devices that people use to heat their homes during the winter, and it can build up inside of an unventilated home or building.
Kristen Filer from Providence Medford Medical Center join NewsWatch 12 to talk about the dangers of carbon monoxide and what you can do to avoid them.
- What is carbon monoxide, and why is it called the 'silent killer'?
- Avoiding Accidental Carbon Monoxide Exposure
- Medford Woman Saved from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- More Washington State Patrol Troopers File Carbon Monoxide Claims
- UPDATE: Two People Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Siskiyou County Trailer
- Sheriff: Two Deaths in Siskiyou County Caused by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Sheriff: Autopsy confirms carbon monoxide poisoning caused two Siskiyou County deaths
- Washington State Voters Reject Carbon Tax
- Governor Brown signs executive order directing Oregon agencies to enforce strict carbon goals
- Detectives Identify Former Police Officer as Suspected Serial Killer