Photo Gallery 3 Images
WOLF CREEK, Ore. —
UPDATE: All northbound lanes are now open on I-5 south of Wolf Creek after crews were able to move the watermelon-laden semi to the shoulder for crews to offload the cargo.
ODOT says that delays and congestion could continue until traffic clears in the area.
(Updated 8/31/18 at 11:29 a.m.)
UPDATE: The watermelon truck has been moved to the slow lane of I-5 northbound as clean-up efforts continue south of Wolf Creek, according to ODOT.
ODOT says that the truck will be moved to the shoulder for off-loading later today. Travelers should continue to expect single-lane traffic, congestion and delays on I-5 northbound south of the crash site.
(Updated 8/31/18 at 11 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: An overturned semi-truck carrying watermelons is causing delays on I-5 northbound just south of Wolf Creek, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
The crash is located at milepost 73, and ODOT says that travelers should expect delays of up to 20 minutes and "intermittent closures" for traffic headed northbound.
One lane will remain closed until crews can finish clean-up of watermelons and diesel, which will "continue throughout the day."
NewsWatch 12 will post updates throughout the day as conditions continue to change.
- UPDATE: I-5 Northbound Lanes Back Open After Watermelon Truck Crash
- All Northbound Lanes Of I-5 Now Open
- Semi-Truck Partially Blocking Northbound Lanes On I-5
- Watermelon Salad
- UPDATE: Crash on I-5 Northbound in Medford Cleared
- UPDATE: Crash Now Cleared on I-5 Northbound in Central Point
- Overturned Semi-Truck Blocks I-5 Northbound South of Ashland
- Rolled Semi-Truck Continues to Block I-5 Northbound Lane Near Ashland
- Crash on I-5 South of Grants Pass Blocks Northbound Fast Lane
- All Lanes Of I-5 Now Open Following Car Crash