JOSEPHINE COUNTY, Ore--- On July 2nd the Josephine County Sheriff's Office got a call about a missing person.
Deputies went to the 700 block of Schroeder Lane around at 3:40 pm. They spoke to Angelo Cornoni's grandmother. She told deputies Cornoni left her house that morning at 1 am and hasn't returned. "Efforts to locate Cornoni by patrol, the marine deputy, and search and rescue were unsuccessful." said Josephine County Sheriff's Office in a press release this morning.
On July 6th at 2:00 pm a 911 call came in about a possible dead body in the Rogue River at Schroeder Park. Fire personnel and deputies responded to the call. Angelo's body was found. Josephine County Sheriff's Office says he was about 20' from shore.
"He was positively identified by the deputy investigating the initial case. Next of kin was notified. The case has been referred to the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Officer for review/investigation." said Josephine County Sheriff's Office in a press release this morning.
This is a developing story. We will bring you new details as we learn them.
- Missing person found in Rogue River
- UPDATE: Woman missing near Rogue River has been found safe
- Body of missing swimmer found in Rogue River
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Rogue River Police Officer Found Not Guilty of Assault
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- Crews Backburn Close to the Rogue River
- Rogue River Rafting Incident Claims Man's Life
- Rogue River Highway back open after investigation
- Missing camper found dead in river