GOLD HILL, Ore-- The water rescue happened Saturday at 2:00 pm. The man was stuck at Hays Falls off of Upper River Road in Gold Hill.
Dispatch got a report about a man stranded in a nearby rapid. Rogue River Fire District deployed a raft in an effort to rescue the victim. With the assistance of a nearby kayaker, crews were able to get him out of the water.
The victim sustained a significant injury and was in the water for more than 30 minutes. Mercy Flights transported him to a hospital.
Fire District 3 wants to thank the bystanders, because they say they don't know how much longer the victim could have lasted in the cold water.
- Water Rescue in Gold Hill
- Gold Hill Man Arrested for Sex Abuse
- RV Catches On Fire In Gold Hill
- Live WWII Mortar Shell Found In Gold Hill Home
- Crash Near Gold Hill Caused Traffic Back-Up
- Deputies Arrest Suspect in Gold Hill Little League Burglary
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist Killed in Gold Hill was Institutionalized for Murder
- Pacific Power Investigating Power Outage in Gold Hill
- Fiery vehicle crash claims life in Gold Hill Monday
- Crews are investigating a car fire in Gold Hill