ROSEBURG, Ore. —
UPDATE: On the same day that correctional authorities reported "high risk" sex offender Gregory Ferguson unaccounted for and in violation of parole, the man was taken into custody by the Roseburg Police Department and lodged in the Douglas County Jail.
While the details of Ferguson's unsupervised time and his arrest remain unknown at this time, he was booked into jail before the end of the day on Wednesday and is still in custody as of this update on Thursday.
Ferguson has been charged with a Parole Violation and is being held without bail at this time.
While Ferguson was pictured just days before on September 17 with a white beard, he is seen in his latest booking photo beardless.
(Updated 9/20/18 at 12 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A "high risk" sex offender living in Roseburg reportedly evaded authorities and may be headed to Jackson County, according to Douglas County Community Corrections (DCCC).
56-year-old Gregory Wayne Ferguson reportedly tampered with his GPS unit around 2 p.m. on Wednesday. He was last seen on a bike trail in Roseburg, east of Gaddis Park.
Ferguson's mother lives in Eagle Point, according to DCCC. He may attempt to travel toward Jackson County via Greyhound bus or hitchhiking.
DCCC says that Ferguson has a significant history of violence against adult women — including women unknown to him.
Ferguson is described as being 5'11" and 230 lbs with hazel eyes. DCCC has recorded his hair as brown, but in a recent photo he appears to have a beard that is mostly white.
This man is reportedly known to target both adult females and adolescent males, and is under post-prison supervision for Rape I and Attempted Murder.
Ferguson is a Level III Sex Offender with special conditions, including:
- Geographic restrictions
- No contact with minors
- Not allowed in places where minors congregrate
- Not allowed in businesses where alcohol is the primary source of revenue
- No alcohol
- He may not engage in relationship with women without parole officer permission
- No contact with victim
- UPDATE: 'High Risk' Sex Offender Back in Custody
- UPDATE: Convicted Oregon Sex-Offender Arrested after California RV Chase
- UPDATE: Texas Most-Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Klamath County
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Oregon Sex Offender Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges
- 'Top 5' Initiative to Keep Chronic Offenders in Custody
- Sheriff: Sex Offenders Targeted in Recent Phone Scam
- Josephine County 'Sex Offender Sweep' Nets 27 Arrests
- Sex Offender Accused of Arson in Medford Motel Fire
- Sex Offender Lurked for Days Before Killing Utah Student