MEDFORD, Ore. -- After months of construction The Village at Medford Center is just 10 days away from completion.
NewsWatch 12's Mari Nelson talked to local businesses who are new to the center and are hoping the upgrades will attract more customers.
Business owners say the reason they moved into the area was because they knew the improvements would be made, "We knew we would have a lot of passersby’s, we knew the construction was going to bring us a beautiful store front," says Jessica Butler, manager of Adorn Waxing and Skincare, "We wanted to make sure that our outside was going to be just as gorgeous as our inside. It's definitely exceeded his expectations and we're very happy with it."
S&B James Construction was contracted for the renovation and have laid all new brick, new tile, new paint and even upgrades to the store fronts themselves in addition to installing a glass covering over the main walkway.
S&B James Construction says there are still a few loose ends to tie up before they are officially done, things like clean-up and putting the last few touches on some of the new additions to the storefronts.
A manager with S&B says the construction did take a little longer than usual but they plan to have everything done just in time for the holidays.
- Construction for The Village at Medford Center Nearing The End
- The Village at Medford Center Finishing Construction
- The Village Medford Center Welcomes New Businesses
- Upgrades Coming to Medford Center
- ODOT To Begin Construction On Medford Viaduct
- Volunteers Begin Construction on Revamped Medford Playground
- Jamba Juice eyes construction of Medford location
- Commercial construction site vandalized in Medford
- Medford School District drops bid for Cobblestone Village, desired site for new Central Medford High
- Hope Village Experiencing Success