WHITE CITY, Ore.- Warriors on Track PacWest is a non-profit that helps veterans re-adjust after returning from active service abroad.
Bryan Canon, a local veteran, says "When you go to war, it's an extremely high adrenaline for a long period of time and there is a preparation that goes into it in order to pull it off and and make missions happen and succeed. And with the racecars there's a ton of preparation."
The organization gives access to treatment, counseling and job training. There are also recreational events to help veterans heal faster and find a peaceful way to transition back.
That includes meditation, outdoor group activities, and for a lucky group, training to become the pit crew on a professional motorsports team.
Canon says the racing is therapy and a unique way to re-build the comradery lost after leaving active service.
If you'd like to donate to benefit veterans in our area, click here.
For a look at the local branch, you can find that here.
- Veterans Use Racing to Get on the Right Track
- Air Force Base Tracks Santa
- Volunteers Track Native Bumble Bees
- Veterans Day Events
- Restaurants Salute to Veterans
- ODF Tracks Lightning as Storm Rolls Through
- 130 Veterans Attend First Grants Pass Veteran's Breakfast
- Community Rebuilds Vietnam Veteran's Home
- Veterans Flu Shot Drive-Thru
- Random Act of Kindness Makes Veteran's Day