Below is a list of events across Southern Oregon set for Monday, November 11 to honor veterans:
- There will be a walk to honor veterans. It begins at 10:30 am at the Ashpole Community Center. (17 S. Buchanan Ave) It will end at Centennial Plaza. The ceremony to honor veterans will begin at the Plaza starting at 11:00 am. Lunch will be provided.
- There is also a Veterans Day Breakfast at the Eagle Point Senior Center. It wants to honor all veterans that have served. You don't have to be a veteran to go. It's from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. Address of the Senior Center is: 121 Loto Street Eagle Point, OR 97524. The breakfast is free for veterans or $5 for everyone else.
- There is a Veterans Day Commemoration at Don Jones Memorial Park in Central Point. This park has names of nearly 6,000 Oregon Service Members who died in the line of duty. From the Civil War to today. It starts at 9:00 am and goes until 10:00 am.
- There will be a Veterans Day Parade in Klamath Falls, organized by the Klamath Freedom Celebration. It will start at 10:00 am on the intersection of Spring Street and Main Street. The staging area for the parade is on Spring Street south of Main Street. The parade will start on Main street and end at Veterans Park.
- After the parade will be the ceremony. It's expected to start around 11:00 am. Colonel Jeffrey Edwards Wing Commander of the 173rd Fighter Wing Kingsley Field is the guest speaker.
- For more information please contact Kryssi Heitman with Klamath Freedom Celebration at 541-591-1732. To enter the parade please visit this link.
- In Merlin there will be a Veterans Walk of Honor. It's happening at 11:00 am at the Merlin Community Park. If you have any questions contact Mike Baker: (541) 761-5930.
For a few businesses that are offering special deals or discounts to veterans, check out the article here.
- Veterans Day events in Southern Oregon
- Veterans Day Events
- State's Largest Veteran Resource Event Comes to Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon Humane Society Adoption Event
- Veterans Day Parade Cancelled, New Event Scheduled
- Memorial Day Celebrations For Southern Oregon
- Lemonade Day coming to southern Oregon
- Multiple southern Oregon schools canceling events due to COVID-19
- Events across southern Oregon canceled or postponed over coronavirus concerns
- Southern Oregon for Southern Oregon: Connecting customers to local businesses