MEDFORD, Ore. —
UPDATE: In an update issued on Tuesday morning, the Medford Police Department (MPD) said that a shooting early Monday morning not did not appear to be a "random incident."
The agency reiterated that the shooting itself likely happened at the intersection of Barnett and Riverside. The victim had been driving westbound on Barnett before turning southbound on Riverside. When the shooter fired, they struck the victim's car "at least three times," MPD said.
A Sheriff's deputy pulled the victim over near Lillian and Garfield.
"It is believed that there are two female witnesses that have not yet been identified," Medford Police said.
Anyone with information about the case or possible witnesses is urged to contact the Medford Police Department.
"The Medford Police Department is also asking businesses in the area who might have video of the involved area to please let us know," the agency said. The case remains under investigation, and MPD is holding any further information.
(Updated 8/6/19 at 10:22 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A detective with the Medford Police Department (MPD) is investigating an incident last night that saw someone's car become riddled with bullet holes, the agency said in a brief statement on Monday morning.
Shortly after 12:30 a.m. on Monday, a deputy with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office heard gunshots ring out coming from the area of Barnett and Riverside. The deputy eventually found a vehicle with "multiple bullet holes" in the trunk and rear window and pulled the driver over.
"The driver of the vehicle was contacted," MPD said. "It was determined that the driver was shot at multiple times and several rounds struck the vehicle."
An MPD detective has now assumed investigation of the shooting. The agency said that the investigation is ongoing and it will not be releasing any further information at this time.
- Police: Shooting in Medford not believed to be random
- Medford man suspected of stabbing random stranger in the neck
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting In Medford
- Medford Police looking for shooting suspect
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- Random Act of Kindness Makes Veteran's Day
- Medford Police warn about scam
- Medford Police Announce Crosswalk Stakeout
- Medford Police Continue Investigation Into Deadly Drive-By Shooting
- Grand Jury Decides Police Officer in Medford Shooting Was Justified