Today was the drive thru flu shots for veterans at the Veterans Affairs Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Centers and Clinics in White City.
It was as as easy as one two three. Drive up, fill out some paperwork and sit in your car while you get the shot.
Will Danielson a Veteran getting a shot says "figured it was a good time to get it done and he said it was quick and easy."
The people giving the shots were nurses and students. Delanie Tally is a student at Oregon Health and Science University. Today she gave her first flu shot.
Delanie Tally says "we have practiced but not on actually patients until today."
This is the first of two flu drive-thrus. The second one is this Saturday October 13th from 10 am to 2pm.
Delanie Tally says "it's great. it's actually a fun experience to actually get to do this."
The CDC says everyone should get vaccinated before the end of October.
- Veterans Flu Shot Drive-Thru
- VA Holds Annual Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic
- Positive Mood May Impact Flu Shot Effectiveness
- The Facts and Fiction of Flu Shots
- What’s best for Kids – Flu Shot or Spray?
- The Flu Shot is Less Than 50% Effective
- 10 hospitalized after insulin administered instead of flu shots
- Flu season is here and now is the time to get a flu shot
- UPDATE: Shots Fired in Hostage Situation at California Veterans Home
- Is "Man Flu" Real?