LINCOLN CITY, Ore. —
UPDATE: Tips called in over an Oregon State Police hotline helped investigators identify the woman found dead north of Road's End in Lincoln County, the agency said.
OSP has identified her as 63-year-old Satin Fever Star (AKA Kahrin Jean McDonald) of Lincoln City. According to the information received, Star was last seen on February 11.
"The investigation remains active but at this time there is no known threat to the community and her death does not appear suspicious," OSP said in a statement.
The agency thanked everyone who called in with information on the tip-line.
(Updated 2/19/19 at 2:20 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The discovery of a woman's body on Sunday in a cove along the Oregon coast has left investigators with more questions than answers.
Oregon State Police (OSP) worked with the U.S. Coast Guard and Lincoln County Sheriff's Office to recover the body in the water of a cove just north of "God's Thumb" around 5 p.m.
The woman is described as a white female adult with long, dark brown hair. She was about 5'7" and 190-200 pounds.
OSP said that it is continuing to investigate "the specifics of her death," but the agency is looking for help from the public in identifying the woman.
"If anyone has any information on a recent missing female, matching this description, please call (800) 452-7888 and reference case number SP 19-058230. Detective Carla Urbigkeit is the lead investigator," OSP said.
- Police: Tips Helped Identify Woman Found Dead on Oregon Coast
- Missing Washington Woman Found Dead on Oregon Coast
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- MIssing Ashland Woman Found Dead
- Police Identify Man and Woman Found Dead in Grants Pass Motel 6
- UPDATE: Missing Oregon Woman and Child Found Dead
- Crabbing Reopens Along Oregon Coast
- Missing Woman from Phoenix Found Dead
- Medford Police Needs Help Identifying Suspect
- Police Seek Help Identifying Juvenile Victims