CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Fire District 3 said an unattended candle caused a bedroom to catch on fire.
At around 11 Thanksgiving morning, someone living in the Central Point home called 911, reporting a bedroom in the house was on fire. An off-duty Fire District 3 Engineer happened to be in the area and confirmed the fire was active. Everyone inside got out safely.
Fire District 3 and the Jacksonville Fire Department responded. Crews were able to contain the fire to the bedroom and put it out quickly.
No one was hurt.
Crews want to remind everyone this holiday season to keep an eye out for any open flames and don't put them on or near anything flammable.