MEDFORD, Ore. — Need a ride to the ballot box? According to rideshare company Uber, they are offering voters $10 off their ride when heading off to a drop-off location.
"We want to help voters make their voices heard," Uber said in a statement. "Our aim is to help improve access to voting for people who cite transportation barriers as the reason they don't vote."
The promotion is available wherever Uber operates — which for Southern Oregonians means Medford. Despite Ashland's acceptance of rideshare companies, Uber has said previously that they have further no plans to expand their service area in the Pacific Northwest this year. Without the company registering with the city of Ashland, Uber drivers are still unable to pick up passengers in the city.
However, for those who can use Uber, the company has offered $10 off a single ride to the ballot box during Election Day on the most affordable Uber options available (Express POOL, POOL, or UberX, in that order).
According to Uber, these are the steps you need to follow in order to get the discounted ride:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of the Uber app.
- Enter the promotional code VOTE2018 in your app. (Tap Menu > Payment > Add Promo Code)
- Request your ride using our polling place locator, right in the Uber app.
- Be sure to select the most affordable Uber option available in your city (Express POOL, POOL, or UberX, in that order).
Lyft has also said that they are offering rides to the ballot box at half the price (with restrictions). Check out the post below for the necessary promo code.
- Rideshare Companies Offer Discounts for Voters Dropping Off Their Ballots
- Discount Tire
- Ballot Drop Off Sites
- OSF Offers $10 Community Rush Discount
- Ashland Ready for Rideshares; Rideshares Not Ready for Ashland
- Safeway and Albertsons Offer Discounts for Federal Workers
- Ballot Breakdown: What's In Your Voter's Pamphlet
- List of Official Ballot Drop Box Sites
- Background Checks Prove to be Main Stumbling Block between Ashland and Rideshare Companies
- Only Hours Left For Voters To Cast Their Primary Ballots