NATIONAL-- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that the US is withdrawing from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. That's a key pact with Russia that has been a centerpiece of European security since the cold war.
Pompeo says Russia has violated terms of the nuclear treaty for years. President Donald Trump and his senior officials had been signaling for months that they were ready to pull out of the treaty.
The US and Europe accuses Moscow of violating that treaty since 2014. The decision raises concerns about a renewed arms race with Moscow and has put European allies on edge.
- U.S. Withdraws from Nuclear Treaty with Russia
- President Trump tells NRA he's withdrawing from arms treaty
- President Trump: U.S. Will Withdraw from Iran Nuclear Deal
- Trump administration expected to announce exit from 'Open Skies' treaty
- Independent Gubernatorial Candidate Withdraws, Supports Gov. Brown
- President Trump Withdrawing Troops From Syria
- VA Chief Nominee Withdraws But Remains White House Doctor
- Babies Born in Withdrawal Form New Complication in Opioid Cases