WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. Secret Service says a person has been arrested outside the White House.
In a statement, it says the unidentified person was arrested Thursday night for assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, threatening bodily harm and destruction of property.
The federal agency says White House operations were not impacted. More details were not made available.
The arrest came days after 26-year-old Cameron Ross Burgess fatally shot himself in front of the White House. Metropolitan police said in a Tuesday report that Burgess was found Saturday with a bullet wound to the head and a gun by his right side. The Secret Service said gunshots were not aimed at the White House.
- US Secret Service: Person Arrested Outside White House
- White City House Fire
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- CORE Business Services
- Service For Soldiers
- Hope Hicks is resigning from the White House
- VA Chief Nominee Withdraws But Remains White House Doctor
- White House Uses Twitter Account to Push Back at Democrats
- Tell-All Book by Watergate Reporter Roils Trump White House
- Merkley Eyes White House, Visits Early Primary States