FALCON COVE, Ore. -- Police are searching for a 4-year-old boy that was swept out into the ocean Saturday afternoon near the Falcon Cove area. This is near the county line of Clatsop County and Tillamook County.
At 12:38 p.m. officers responded to a call for three people that has been swept into the ocean. The investigation revealed an adult male was holding two children, a 7-year-old female and a 4-year-old male. They were standing along the shore when a wave struck them and swept the three into the ocean.
The adult and 7-year-old were taken by Medix Ambulance to Providence Seaside Hospital. The 7-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The 4-year-old has not been located. The United States Coast Guard sent out helicopters to help with the search for the child, but the search was suspended Saturday evening at sunset.
Cannon Beach Fire Department, Cannon Beach Police Department and Manzanita Police Department all assisted on scene.
There is a High Surf Warning and King Tide for the Oregon Coast until 4 a.m. Sunday. This is a warning our team of meterologists and police want you to hear, so you can keep your friends and family safe if you take a trip to the coast this weekend.
The National Weather Service said, "Extremely large breaking waves will create very hazardous conditions along beaches and area shorelines. Waves will inundate beaches and surge into normally dry areas."
NWS is also predicting infrastructure damage and significant beach erosion this weekend.
"Beaches and coastlines will become hazardous due to very large and life-threatening surf conditions," a report from NWS said. "Stay off of beaches, rocks, jetties, piers and other waterside infrastructure."
- U.S. Coast Guard searching for 4-year-old hit by wave on Oregon coast
- Sneaker Wave Warning for the Oregon Coast
- Coast Guard suspends its search for missing Brookings man
- Alaska Coast Guard Searching For Missing Medical Flight
- Crabbing Reopens Along Oregon Coast
- Coast Guard Helicopter Narrowly Avoids Drone Collision
- Coast Guard Helicopter Saves Stranded Surfer
- Oregon Man Accused Of Making Hoax Calls To Coast Guard
- Oregon Senator Leads Push to Pay Coast Guard During Shutdown
- Oregon Coast Guard cutter returns after $54 million cocaine seizure