WHITE CITY, Ore. — Two men have been arrested for aiding in the home-invasion that ended with one would-be robber shot by a resident, according to Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). Investigators first caught wind of the incident Tuesday night, after the shooting victim called dispatch.
JCSO say that 20-year-old Daniel Slocum and 19-year-old Phillip Haines were accomplices of 30-year-old James Bennett, the man shot during a home invasion. Slocum was arrest on the 600 block of Benson Street in Medford, and Haines was picked up on the 400 block of E Dutton Road in Eagle Point.
Detectives believe that the three men arrived together in a vehicle on Tuesday night, intending to rob a resident on the 7600 block of Division Road in White City. Parking up the street, the three men came to the apartment, apparently striking the resident in the face with a crowbar. That's when the resident shot Bennett in the stomach with a handgun.
Haines and Slocum then ran off, taking the vehicle in which they'd arrived, according to detectives. They left Bennett behind. Bennett ended up borrowing a phone from a neighbor to call 911 for medical attention.
Bennett is currently still in the hospital at this time, but JCSO have said that he will be booked into jail as soon as he is released.
CLICK HERE for our first story - Deputies Investigating Shooting in White City
CLICK HERE for our second story - Police: White City Shooting Victim Had Attempted Home Invasion
- UPDATE: Two More Arrested In White City Home Invasion Shooting
- Police: White City Shooting Victim Had Attempted Home Invasion
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- UPDATE: Cave Junction Man Shot During Attempted Home-Invasion
- UPDATE: White City VA on Lockdown After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Two brothers shot after possible home invasion
- Deputies Investigating Shooting in White City
- White City House Fire
- Police arrest transient man suspected of Klamath Falls home invasion, attempted murder
- Central Point Police Looking For Third Suspect In Home Invasion