GLIDE, Ore. — A man and a woman from the Klamath Falls area were killed in a single-vehicle crash over the weekend, according to the Oregon State Police (OSP).
Police received a report of the crash around 1 p.m. on Sunday, prompting OSP troopers and emergency crews to respond. They arrived at the scene on Highway 138E near Glide to find two people dead in a single-car crash.
Investigators came to believe that 42-year-old Kelley Weekly had been driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Hwy 138E when "for an unknown reason" she veered off the road and into a tree. Both Weekly and her passenger, 49-year-old Scott Carnes, were pronounced dead at the scene. Both were Klamath Falls residents.
"Both Weekly and Carnes were wearing safety belts at the time of the crash," OSP said. "Traffic was not impacted by the crash."
OSP was assisted at the scene by the Glide Fire department, ODOT, Joe’s towing, and Chapel of the Roses.
- Two locals killed in Douglas County crash on Hwy 138E
- Police identify man killed in mowing accident along Hwy 42 in Douglas County
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Grants Pass Man Killed in Douglas County Crash
- Crashes on Redwood Hwy, Crater Lake Hwy cause traffic backups
- Fatal crash near Phoenix closes Hwy 99
- OSP: One child killed after fatal two-vehicle crash on Hwy. 140
- Police identify driver killed in Hwy 99 crash at Birdseye Creek
- Settlement Dictates Reforms at Douglas County Jail
- Power outage affecting thousands in Douglas County