Two homes damaged in Grants Pass fire

A family is safe after their house caught on fire in Grants Pass.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 3:59 AM
Updated: Jul 5, 2019 5:21 AM

GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- A family is safe after their house caught on fire in Grants Pass. 

NewsWatch12 spoke with the homeowner who says he was barbecuing just moments before the fire started. He says he turned off his grill and went inside. He says he looked outside and all of his trees were on fire. He thinks the power lines in the trees could have started the fire.

Deputy Chief Lang Johnson with Grants Pass Department of Public Safety says they don't know what started the fire at this point in the investigation, "The fire is under investiation at this point, we're not certain what started it. Nobody was hurt."

Two homes were damaged and the owner tells NewsWatch12 his shed burned down.

Article Comments

Medford
Clear
59° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 59°
Brookings
Overcast
51° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 51°
Crater Lake
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 55°
Grants Pass
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 55°
Klamath Falls
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 55°
Dry & warm Easter weekend
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Community Events