Photo Gallery 4 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Two suspects are in jail after reportedly leading Sheriff's deputies on a chase while driving a stolen pickup truck, according to the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Deputies were staking out a residence at 3779 Dick George Road outside of Cave Junction after investigation led them to believe that a stolen 2002 Toyota Tacoma may have been on the property. They spotted the pickup there, and saw that it was beginning to leave.
When the driver pulled out onto the road, waiting deputies attempted to perform a traffic stop on the stolen pickup. Instead, the driver sped away.
Another deputy deployed spike strips ahead of the fleeing driver, popping the pickup's tires. The driver, later identified as 37-year-old Jesse McIntyre, swerved around a waiting patrol car and continued up Dick George Road before swerving into a ditch near the intersection with Holland Loop Road.
McIntyre and his passenger, 34-year-old Christopher Williams, then jumped out of the pickup and tried to flee on foot, according to JCSO. After a short foot chase, both suspects were taken into custody and lodged in the Josephine County Jail on the following charges:
Jesse McIntyre - Misdemeanor Warrant, Felony and Misdemeanor Elude, Escape III, and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
Christopher Williams - Felony Warrant, Misdemeanor Elude, Escape III, and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
- Two Suspects Arrested After Leading Police on Chase in Stolen Pickup
- Authorities Searching For Armed Suspects After Stolen Car Chase
- Police Guns Pulled While Arresting Stolen Car Suspect
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Suspect Arrested Following Eagle Point Car Chase, Crash
- Suspects Under Arrest After Turbulent Jackson County Car Chase
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Fraudulent Prescription Suspects Arrested After Eluding Police
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Man 'on LSD' Leads Police on Wild Car Chase in Jackson County