WHITE CITY, Ore.-- Law enforcement is investigating a crash at Highway 140 and Kershaw Road.
OSP was on scene as well as Mercy Flights, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, and Jackson County Fire District #3.
OSP says a motorcycle was eastbound on 140 when an SUV was trying to make a left turn onto Kershaw failed to yield the right of way to the motorcyclist.
OSP says the female motorcyclist was hit and taken to the hospital.
We still don't know the condition of the victim.
The driver of the SUV was cited for careless driving and driving while suspended.
This comes less than a week after a fatal car crash last week at this same intersection.
Our reporter came across the son of the couple killed last week.
He says he was visiting the crash site and went to leave and then saw sirens headed toward the accident tonight.
He says something needs to change at this deadly intersection.
Vernon Black says, "This intersection needs either an overpass or stop light, four people died in 2016, my parents died here Thursday, and now a motorcyclist gets hit. They say they're going to fix it in 2020 and make a roundabout but how many people are going to die before 2020?”
ODOT says in 2020 it will limit Kershaw Road to right in, right out turns only, stopping drivers from making a left hand turn from highway 140.
- Two Accidents at Highway 140 & Kershaw in Less Than A Week
- 2 Killed in Highway 140 Crash near Kershaw Road
- Traffic on Highway 140 affected by crash at Kershaw Road
- ODOT Looks At Short-Term Hwy 140 at Kershaw Solutions
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- Highway 140 Closed Near Mile Marker 22
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- ODOT Salt Pilot Program Doesn't Extend to Highway 140
- Driver Killed in Passing Crash on Highway 140