WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Today President Donald Trump signed the VA Mission Act.
The measure is aimed at improving veterans' health care.
The act fulfills a promise by Trump, and gives veterans more freedom to see doctors outside of the VA's health care system.
Trump said at a press conference earlier today, "Nobody deserves better than our veterans."
The mission act also includes a bill co-authored by Representative Greg Walden of Oregon.
The Medical Scribe Act will allow the hiring of more medical scribes in VA medical centers.
Walden says that allowing scribes to handle electronic health records will allow doctors to see more patients in a timely manner.
- Trump signs VA Mission Act
- President Trump Fires V.A. Secretary Shulkin
- A Dog With A Mission
- DeFazio: Retaliation Still Happening at Roseburg VA
- Report: It Will Be Harder to Sign Up for the Affordable Care Act
- Gov. Brown to sign environmental protection act, taking Oregon back to Obama-era standards
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns, Trump Appoints Acting AG
- Trump, Kim Jong Un sign 'historic document'
- VA Holds Annual Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic
- UPDATE: White City VA on Lockdown After Officer-Involved Shooting