MEDFORD, Ore. -- The trial for three people accused of murdering one of the suspect's father is set for February 2019.
According to Jackson County Assistant District Attorney Jeremy Markiewicz, the exact date hasn't been set yet.
Ellen Friar, 16, Gavin McFarlane, 20, and Russel Jones Jr., 22, are accused of killing Aaron Friar in October 2017. Friar died from blunt force trauma to the head, according to Medford Police.
Police say it happened in the 500 block of Benson Street in Medford. Detectives believe the three suspects then stole the victim’s vehicle, along with additional property from the residence, and drove about 20 miles east to hide Friar's body. Friar’s body was found dumped over a dirt embankment in the 9100 block of East Antelope Road in Eagle Point.
Police say then 19-year-old MacFarlane had a sexual relationship with then 15-year-old Ellen Friar. Detectives believe the relationship caused tension with Friar's father.
Police also say the three suspects planned to kill Russel Jones, the father of Russel Jones, Jr. but were caught before they could carry out the plan.
Friar, MacFarlane, and Jones are facing several charges, including murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and tampering with evidence.
- Trial For Murder Suspects Set for February 2019
- Oregon Trails: Murder Trial
- October Trial Date Set for 'Climate Kids' Lawsuit
- Trial Set for Oregon Man Charged with Harassing Yellowstone Bison
- Parkland shooter's death penalty trial set to begin in January
- Update: Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Authorities Identify Suspect in Decapitation Murder
- Coos Bay robbery suspect murdered in California
- 2019 Walk to End Alzheimer's set for Saturday