UPDATE: The Medical Examiner has released the cause of death for the man, now identified as 39 year-old Christopher Labonte, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety. Labonte's death was noncriminal and not a direct result of the elements, but due to a pre-existing medical condition.
GRANTS PASS, Ore.- On Feb. 23 around noon, the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS) were alerted to a report of a dead mant near 531 NE F Street.
GPDPS Police and Fire along with AMR responded and confirmed this. GPDPS detectives responded and assumed the investigation. The man was positively identified as a 39 year-old-male adult, whose identity is being withheld pending “next of kin” notification confirmation.
This death is still under investigation.
Anyone who has information relative to the investigation is encouraged to contact GPDPS Detective Archie Lidey at (541) 450-6342.
- Cause of Death, Identity Confirmed for Transient Man Found Dead in Grants Pass
- Police: Juveniles Arrested for Assault on Grants Pass Transient
- Police: Missing Grants Pass Woman Found Safe
- Man Dead After Hit and Run in Grants Pass
- Confirmed Case of Dog Flu Reported in Grants Pass
- Police Identify Man and Woman Found Dead in Grants Pass Motel 6
- 'Missing and Endangered' Grants Pass Man Found in Nevada
- Grants Pass Man Hospitalized After Machete Incident
- Person Dead After Head-On Crash in Grants Pass
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass