MEDFORD, Ore.,-United States Senator of Oregon, Ron Wyden was originally going to host two town halls today, one in Jackson County and the other in Josephine County.
Yesterday, NewsWatch 12 got word that both of the town halls are being postponed until a later date.
This due to Senator Wyden having to be in Washington D.C. for an important senate vote tomorrow. Two senate proposals that could fully re-open the government will be presented tomorrow. The White House's plan offers temporary protection from deportation to some immigrants and also funds a border barrier.
This vote could possibly answer some of the questions that Oregonians were going to ask Senator Wyden at the town hall meetings. NewsWatch 12 talked with Jackson County Republican Chairman Reagan Knopp about what he thought would be a main part of the town hall discussions.
"I think reopening the federal government and border security are going to be top concerns as well as probably a lot of Oregonians are still concerned about making sure that they have well-paying middle class jobs and health care as well," Knopp says.
Newswatch 12 also spoke with a representative from the progressive group Indivisible. Teresa Safay also hoped to see the government shutdown addressed at today's town hall.
"I would like to see him address Trump's shutdown and if he see's a way out to get the lead McConnell to do anything at all to break the deadlock. I would really like the see the federal workers stop being held hostage by these antics by the president," says Safay.
As of now, the town halls have not been rescheduled.
- Town Halls With Senator Ron Wyden Postponed
- Senator Wyden Holds Town Hall at North Medford High School
- Sen. Ron Wyden: Gun Reform Bills are Already Written
- Senator Merkley Discusses Key Issues in Curry County Town Hall
- State Senate Candidates to Attend Town Hall Meeting
- Oregon State Senator Jeff Golden Holds First Town Hall
- Senator Wyden Introduces 'S.420' Bill to Legalize, Regulate Cannabis
- Ron Brown's Best: Turkey
- Walden Wraps Up Southern Oregon Town Halls
- DeBoer to Host Town Halls in Medford and Ashland