ASHLAND, Ore. -- The unhealthy levels of wildfire smoke is leading the Oregon Shakespeare Festival to cancel tonight's outdoor performance of Romeo and Juliet. The current air quality readings are in an unhealthy zone, which puts performers and audience members at risk.
OSF is offering an alternate indoor venue performance tonight of Romeo and Juliet at Ashland High School Mountain Avenue Theatre (201 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland) though space is extremely limited and tickets are first come, first served. The performance will begin at 8:00 p.m. and the Box Office at AHS will open at 7:00 p.m. A map and direct directions to the AHS theatre are included below.
OSF says they have limited tickets available for tonight’s 8:00 p.m. indoor performances of Rodger’s and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! in the Angus Bowmer Theatre and Henry V in the Thomas Theatre. If you prefer to exchange your tickets for one of these performances, you may do so now—you do not have to wait until this evening if you know you would like to exchange now. Please call 800-219-8161 or stop by the Box Office on Pioneer Street.
OSF says to read the following statement carefully:
If you wish to attend the alternative performance at Ashland High School, please go to AHS with your original Romeo and Juliet ticket to exchange into the alternate performance, the Box Office opens there at 7:00 p.m. Concessions (see menu here) and a pop-up Tudor Guild gift shop will be onsite. You may preorder Concessions items for intermission before the show, and bottled water and beverages in OSF commemorative cups will be allowed inside the theatre. There will be no refunds, exchanges or vouchers after attending an alternate performance.
If you choose not to join us for the alternate performance, please note that you have seven days to do one of the following (the OSF box office will be busy this evening, so please consider waiting until tomorrow afternoon to contact them):
• Donate your tickets back to OSF.*
• Exchange your tickets for a future OSF performance. All exchanges based on value of original tickets.
• Receive a voucher equal to the value of your tickets to be used for a future performance, through October 27, 2019.
• Receive a full refund.
The Box Office phone number is 800-219-8161, and the mailing address is 15 South Pioneer Street, Ashland, OR 97520. The box office opens daily at 9:30 a.m.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging and unpredictable time.
*OSF is a nonprofit arts organization. Ticket donations are vital in helping OSF sustain operations and education programming during these challenging climate conditions. Patrons who choose to donate the value of their tickets will be provided with a receipt for tax purposes.
Directions from the OSF campus to Ashland High School Mountain Avenue Theatre (Approximately 4-minute drive)
Head northeast on S Pioneer St toward E Main St
Turn right onto E Main St
Continue onto Siskiyou Blvd
Turn left onto S Mountain Ave
The theatre is located just off the street in the area of campus indicated by this map. You may park in Ashland High School parking lots for the performance.
- Tonight's OSF Outdoor Performance is Cancelled - 1 Option Available
- OSF Prepares for 2016 Outdoor Shows
- OSF Announces Return of 'Green Show' Performances
- OSF Cancels Show Due to Smoke
- Flooding Causes OSF Show Delays and Cancellations
- Tonight's OSF performance of All's Well That Ends Well moved indoors
- Businesses Expect Boom As OSF Outdoor Season Begins
- OSF returns to the outdoor stage after smoke fears subside
- OSF Adds Additional Performances of Vietgone and Richard II
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth