ASHALND, Ore.,-Mount Ashland is looking forward to a busy Presidents Day weekend. Saturday night is Bavarian Night, their biggest event of the year.
Bavarian Night is an annual fundraiser for the Mount Ashland Ski Patrol. There will be $25 night skiing, a raffle for a $500 gift certificate to Rogue Ski Shop, live music, a parade, and a firework show starting at 9 tonight.
Marketing director, Michael Stringer, says that the ski area has gotten about two feet of snow in the last 10 days. He says he is looking forward to a busy Presidents' Day weekend after already having to close the ski area a few times this season.
"We've had days that we've closed because of wind this year already. We've had three days, operational days that we we're expected to open but we couldn't open because it was just too windy and unsafe for our guests," says Stringer.
He says that mountain closures are cautious decisions made to keep guests safe. He hopes for clear skis tonight for the firework show.
There will be a free shuttle running between Ashland Hills Hotel and the Mount Ashland Ski Area until 10 p.m.
- Tonight: Mount Ashland's Biggest Event of the Year
- Mount Ashland to Re-open Friday
- Mount Ashland Opens a Day Early
- Get Ready For a Busy Day on Mount Ashland
- Ashland Water
- 29 Year-Old Ashland Woman Still Missing
- Ashland Police Officer Dies on Duty from 'Major Medical Event'
- Ashland parents organize after-graduation all-night event
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival