GOLD BEACH, Ore. — Three suspects were arrested over last week, accused of participating in the burglary of more than $12,000 in items from a home workshop in Gold Beach, according to the Curry County Sheriff's Office (CCSO).
On Sunday, November 25, dispatch received a call from a resident on North Bank Rogue River in Gold Beach, reporting that the workshop at his home had been "broken into, ransacked" with a number of valuables taken. The caller said that the burglary must have taken place within the previous day or two.
After gathering evidence from the home, the next day deputies recovered some items that helped to identify three suspects related to the burglary.
By Wednesday, deputies obtained a search warrant for a home and vehicles at the Rogue Landing Resort — occupied by 26-year-old Jared Rickard [right, above] and 26-year-old Chelsea Reisinger [center, above], both of Gold Beach.
Deputies took both Rickard and Reisinger into custody, recovering more stolen items. Rickard was charged with Burglary 2, Theft 1 and Possession of Methamphetamine. Reisinger was charged with Theft 1 by Receiving.
Finally, investigators went to the home of 26-year-old Cecil Wright [left, above] on Chase Lane in Gold Beach, questioning him about the burglary. CCSO says that Wright consented to a search of his property, where deputies found "numerous stolen items." They took Wright into custody on charges of Burglary 2 and Theft 1.
Between the three different occasions of recovering stolen property, CCSO says that the items found were valued at nearly $13,000. Although the cases of Rickard, Reisinger and Wright have been passed to the District Attorney's office for prosecution, CCSO indicated that the investigation continues and there may be more stolen property that has not yet been recovered.
- Three Arrested in Connection With Gold Beach Burglary
- Gold Beach man arrested, accused of shooting two at campground
- Arrest Made In Connection With Recent Medford Burglaries
- Deputies Arrest Suspect in Gold Hill Little League Burglary
- Gold Beach Rangers Open Up Firewood Cutting
- Highway 101 South of Gold Beach Blocked by Landslide
- Coast Guard rescues father, children kayaking near Gold Beach
- Police: Four Arrested in Burglary Conspiracy Connected to Ashland Gas Station
- Two Suspects Arrested in Elementary School Burglary
- Sheriff: Two Arrested for Josephine County Burglary