MEDFORD, Ore. — The Medford Police Department announced today that they have arrested three suspects after executing a search warrant at an address in the 300 block of Bessie Street in Medford. The Medford Police SWAT team and Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement team (MADGE) lead the operation.
Police served the search warrant this morning, February 22, at 5:30 a.m. 31 year-old Mark Anthony Sotelo, 41 year-old Renee Sotelo, and 23 year-old Jesse Yanez—all residents at the Bessie Street arrest—were arrested during the bust.
At the scene, investigators seized 16.5 grams of methamphetamine, 12.34 grams of heroin, 4.19 grams of cocaine, 25 pounds of marijuana, and 194 grams of butane honey oil (BHO)—a form of hash created by using a solvent such as butane to extract THC from marijuana. Packaging materials, scales, BHO lab equipment, and a 9 millimeter Glock handgun were also found in the residence.
In addition to charges for the possession, manufacturing and distribution of illegal drugs, the three suspects' charges are compounded by their proximity to a school—the residence stands almost an equal distance from both Hedrick Middle School and Roosevelt Elementary, one or both of which are less than 1000 feet away.
This drug bust is the culmination of a month-long drug trafficking investigation undertaken by MADGE.
- Three Arrested In Drug Bust Near School
- 5 Arrested In Grants Pass Drug Bust
- Four Suspects Arrested in Medford Drug Bust
- Drug Bust in West Medford
- Drug Busts in Mount Shasta Result in Arrests
- Klamath Falls Drug Busts Claim 17 Pounds of Meth
- Mazama High Student Arrested at School For Gun and Drugs
- Authorities Bust California Recycling Racket
- Police Bust Suspected Meth Dealer Near Two Schools
- Drug Bust in Eastern Oregon Leaves 38 Kids in Foster Care