CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- The 15th annual Oregon Cheese Festival in Central Point came to a close Sunday. About 5,000 people went to the festival over the weekend to try samples of cheese, chocolate, beverages from 125 vendors. About 2/3 of those vendors are local. This is not the only event of its kind in Oregon but it’s the biggest. The Executive Director of the Oregon Cheese Guild, which puts on the Cheese Festival, said this was the biggest year yet. Cheese lovers from all over the country and even Canada have come to sample some of Oregon’s best cheeses.
“This has been such a great year,” said Executive Director Katie Bray. “It's been a year of a lot of change and growth and just to see it all come to fruition and everybody's showing up and see smiling faces and happy vendors and happy people. Eating cheese and drinking beer and wine and cider and great things that go along with, it's really exciting.”
Bray said the festival reached capacity this year. The Oregon Cheese Guild is thinking about having the Festival at a bigger venue next year.
- Thousands come to 15th annual Oregon Cheese Festival
- Preparations Begin for 15th Annual Ashland Independent Film Festival
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Celebrates Juneteenth
- Smoke Affecting Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Josephine County Food Bank Says "Cheese"
- Ashland Independent Film Festival Hosts Annual Fundraiser
- 65th Annual Pear Blossom Festival Begins
- Thousands Seek Flu Treatment In Southern Oregon
- Art in Bloom Festival Brings in Thousands to Downtown Medford
- Balloon and Kite Festival Brings Thousands to Grants Pass