MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Ultimate Base Camp is all about simplicity.
The 10-foot by 16-foot “cabinish looking” shed will be on display at the NewsWatch 12 Sportsmen’s and Outdoor Recreation Show in Central Point Feb. 23-25.
The Ultimate Base Camp is a creation of Tuff Shed, a national business headquartered in Denver, Colorado. The shed that will be featured at the Exposure shows will be built at the company’s manufacturing facility in Portland, Oregon.
A year ago, Tuff Shed displayed the "She Shed" at the shows. In 2016 the Man Cave Shed was spotlighted.
Walt O’Dell, general manager of the Portland manufacturing plant, said the Ultimate Base Camp will be more about function and less about aesthetics. He said the shed will have a clerestory style roof and the interior will have some rustic furniture and possibly a pellet or wood stove. There’ll also be a work bench.
“It’ll be a simple retreat for the outdoors person to get away for a week or two,” O’Dell said.
Tuff Shed is a 36-year-old company that designs, fabricates and installs backyard buildings for its customers. The company sells buildings throughout the U.S. In the past few weeks, it opened a new manufacturing facility in Medford.
- The Ultimate Base Camp
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Classic Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Smoked Flat Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chimichurri Tri Tip
- Students Get the Ultimate Show-and-Tell
- Air Force Base Tracks Santa
- FDA Approves Cannabis Based Drug
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Fall off the Bone Ribs
- Ultimate Prom Night Experience For People With Special Needs