MEDFORD, Ore- Today is the final day of the Southern Oregon Wedding Show and brides from across Southern Oregon tore apart a wedding cake to compete for prizes. It's getting more and more expensive to have a wedding. According to the Knot's annual study, from hair and make up, to cake and decor, the average couple will spend more than $30,000 on a wedding.
That's why eight brides tore into wedding cake to win free things for their summer weddings, and it got messy.
One bride won a diamond engagement ring from Father and Son Jewelry and another won a Free wedding cake from Sugar Rush Bakery.
- 8 Brides Looked for Free Ring inside Wedding Cake
- Court Rules Against Oregon Bakers in Wedding-Cake Case
- Justices Side with Colorado Baker on Same-Sex Wedding Cake
- Cakes Of Thanks
- Exclusive Look Inside OSF's Hay-Patton Rehearsal Center
- Woman Reunited With Wedding Dress
- LIVE STREAM: The Royal Wedding
- Citizen Celebrates A Man Being in Custody With Custom Cake
- Accused Wildlife Poaching Ring Spans Oregon and Washington
- Life Ring Station Installed to Prevent Water Tragedies